House of the Brotherhood of Black Heads
26 Pikk Street
Tallinn 10133, Estonia
The Brotherhood was founded in 1399 to unite the young, single merchants of Tallinn. The building housing the Brotherhood was built in the 14th century and was redesigned in late 16th century using a Dutch architectural style. The doors and interiors of this building were lavishly decorated. The building was again renovated in 1908, giving it a neo-classical appearance. Today it can be used for concerts and other events. The Brotherhood in Tallinn disbanded in 1940 under Soviet occupation.
Copyright © 1993-2024 World Trade Press. All rights reserved.